Monday, February 4, 2008

City Hall Portraits

Jason and Nicolette

They were just getting off the subway when I approached them. It turns out that she went to the Art Institute for photography. Jason is originally from New Jersey, but has lived in Philadelphia for 7 years. They both like it here.




Nakita
Nakita was open to being photographed. I like the back lighting provided by the case.


Rasheedah

Rasheedah is a city hall operator. She has worked there for over 20 years and has lives in Philadelphia for 43 years. I wondered if someone had already taken her picture, because she had a brief bio all prepared without me even asking her.



Nicolette

She was pretty excited to show off her super man pose. Although she's a Philadelphia native, she moved to New York City four years ago. She is visiting her boyfriend Jason. She claims to be the only one in her photography class at the Art Institute to have an actual job in photography.




I did not get a chance to get their names. I assumed that they were tourists, but they are from Philadelphia and they are getting married this week.


AlvinAlvin is freshman at Penn. He was working on an assignment for his basic photo class. He's an engineering major from Singapore. He really likes Philadelphia so far.



Malik

Malik has lived in Philadelphia all his life and he is ready to get out. He approached me and asked about my camera. He said he likes taking pictures. He does not like shelters where everyone sleeps in the same room. He is looking into one where only a few people are in each room.

No comments: